The best way to do it would be to talk to Portal the same way the built in
RADIUS server does, which is via the CM. That way all the "whiz bang"
features of Portal can still be used, like the billing and events and stuff,
otherwise you might as well not really have Portal, and just use an Oracle
database directly for your authentication.

Andrew