Hello Richi -

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Richi Plana wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Still using Radiator-1.13.1 in one of our systems. What does the ff. error
> mean:
>
> ERR: No orig_authenticator supplied to check_authenticator
>
> We think its one of the last things that gets logged before Radiator dies.
> It could be a problem in MD5->hash or AuthRADIUS.pm (somewhere).
>
> Radiator dies (on the average) ten times a day.  It's on a production
> system. Is there an easy way we can find out what the problem is without
> any downtimes?

I think you will find that AuthRADIUS.pm is calling the function
check_authenticator which is defined in Radius.pm, and check_authenticator is
where that message is displayed. What it means is that you are trying to
process a radius packet that does not have an authenticator present. Where are
the packets in question coming from, and what type of packets are they? If they
are accounting packets, you could try setting IgnoreAcctSignature for that
Client.

The latest version of Radiator is 2.15 and I would suggest you plan an upgrade.

regards