Hello Mark -

On Fri, 28 Apr 2000, Mark Jenks wrote:
> I have radiator working for pre paid and post paid voip services on a Cisco
> as5300 and it works like a dream. Now we want to extend these services past
> our voip and public terminal access to generalised pre-paid internet.
>
> How can I force a session off after a predetermined amount of time...is
> there a radius attribute for this ?

Yes, there are two:

        Session-Timeout
        Idle-Timeout

As the names imply, Session-Timeout limits the overall session duration, while
Idle-Timeout will drop a session after a pre-determined period of inactivity.

Note that different versions of Cisco IOS have wildly different levels of
"support" for these attributes. YMMV. There have been several discussions on
this topic on the list (see the archive site) and there is also an item on the
FAQ (http://www.open.com.au/radiator/faq.html).

regards