Hello Robert -

On Sun, 11 Jun 2000, Robert Mann wrote:

> What is the easiest way to address this problem with MySQL.
I am working on a companies Radiator server that uses MySQL as its database
server for accounting and there are many duplicate records.  In MS SQL it was
easy as I could use a constraint that would prevent it from happening but it is
my understanding that MySQL does not have this functionality.  If I am wrong
please right me and give me an example.  If I am right then how do you work
around this problem?

Well, really the correct answer is to eliminate the duplicate records in the
first place. Check a trace 4 debug in Radiator to verify the timestamps of the
requests both in and out, then check the Radius timeouts on the NAS and adjust
them if neccessary. There are also some configuration parameters on some NAS
equipment to alter the behaviour in regards to what packets are actually sent.
And also check with the vendor to make sure that there isn't some bug in the
NAS software, and upgrade if appropriate.

hth