On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, Kai Schlichting wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> I have been unpleasantly surprised by Radiator 2.14.1 during a medium-sized
> renumbering project on BSDI 4.1: Radiator binds to 0.0.0.0 (any address),
> with the machine having a primary IP number on an interface, and a secondary
> one via an alias IP (BSD-style).
>
> When radius clients (PM3's, here) contact the server on the alias IP,
> Radiator authenticates them ok, but then sends the answer using the return
> address of the PRIMARY interface IP! Naturally, the PM3's ignore this
> answer.
>
> Have any provisions been made to actually make use of "bind 0.0.0.0"
> in a proper way? In a more recent version of Radiator?

I believe the proper method, if you're trying to listen on more than one
IP on a box, is to run multiple instances of radiator, with specific
BindAddress directives for each respective instance.

Andy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Andy Dills                              301-682-9972
Xecunet, LLC                            www.xecu.net
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dialup * Webhosting * E-Commerce * High-Speed Access