David Lloyd wrote:

> I was just about to post the fix to this problem; we are using
> Solaris/Oracle.  The problem I think is in the way Solaris does
> alarm(0).  The solution is this:

Thanks for this David.

Merged your changes into my tree and it looks good, i'll leave it a while longer
just to make sure it stays up, but it definately hasn't been timing out like it
used to.

I want to thank Mike & Hugh as well for recognizing the bug and attempting to
fix it on the same day, even without having my setup locally. Great work guys!
:)

Thanks again,

Chris.