I use the Simultaneous-Use parameter for most of our accounts, but I don't
want to put requests from a certain radius client into the session database.

Normally I would just put "NasType ignore" into the <Client> clause. But this
particular client is the iPass proxy radius, and it is sending accounting
requests with the NAS-IP-Address set to the address of the real NAS.

For example, let's say the iPass proxy radius is running on 1.2.3.4 and I put
"NasType ignore" in the Client caluse for 1.2.3.4. When an accounting packet
arrives, the NAS-IP-Address claims it is comming from f.e. 5.6.7.8. There is
no NasType set for that Client (because the client 5.6.7.8 is not even defined
in my configuration), so the default session database is used (which is the
SQL session database in my case).

Because of this, radiator puts those requests into the session database. But
when a certain accounting stop record is lost somehow (yes, it does happen),
the session gets stuck in the session database and there is no way to verify
if the session is still valid (because I don't have SNMP access to all the NAS
from the various iPass service providers).

Blaz Zupan,  Medinet d.o.o, Linhartova 21, 2000 Maribor, Slovenia
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED], Tel: +386-2-320-6320, Fax: +386-2-320-6325