I'm trying to load balance radiator across three seperate servers
with an Extreme Summit 7i switch.  All servers respond correctly to
requests out of the server farm.  However when put in the server farm they
respond to the authentication request with the ethernet ip even though the
request was sent to an ip on the loopback.  Because it is responding with
a different ip than what the request was sent to, my portmasters are
ignoring the response.  I noticed the 6.27.11 LocalAddress tag but seems
to only work with AuthBy Radius.  Is there a way to have radiator respond
with the ip that the request was sent to with AuthBy Unix?  The manual
implies that this is default but it doesn't seem to be doing it. (perhaps
because the address is on the loopback?)

Has anyone run into the same problem?

Here is my config:

Foreground
LogStdout       #THIS LINE IS FOR TESTING, OUTPUT GOES TO SCREEN
LogDir          /var/log/radiator
DbDir           /etc/raddb
PidFile         /var/run/radiusd.pid
DictionaryFile  /etc/raddb/dictionary.livingston
AuthPort        1812
AcctPort        1813
SnmpgetProg     /usr/local/bin/snmpget
Trace           4
SocketQueueLength 100000

<Client 1.2.3.4>
  Secret                xxxxx
  DefaultRealm          xxx
</Client>
<Client 2.3.4.5>
  Secret                xxxxx
  DefaultRealm          xxx
</Client>
<Client 3.4.5.6>
  Secret                xxxxx
</Client>
<Client 7.8.9.1>
  Secret                xxxxxx
</Client>
<Client DEFAULT>
  Secret                xxxxxx
  DupInterval           2
  NasType               Livingston
  SNMPCommunity frii
  LivingstonOffs        22
  LivingstonHole        1
</Client>

<AuthBy GROUP>
  Identifier Frii
  AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileReject
  <AuthBy SQL>
    AuthSelect
    AccountingStopsOnly
    DBSource      xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    DBUsername    xxxxx
    DBAuth        xxxxxx
    AcctSQLStatement insert into data values ('%n',%t,%{Acct....
  </AuthBy>
  <AuthBy GROUP>
    AuthByPolicy ContinueUntilReject
    <AuthBy FILE>
      Filename /etc/raddb/users-pop
    </AuthBy>
    <AuthBy FILE>
      Filename /etc/raddb/users

<AuthBy UNIX>
  Identifier FriiSystem
  Filename /etc/mypasswd
</AuthBy>

<SessionDatabase SQL>
  Identifier FriiSessions
  DBSource      xxxxxxxx
  DBUsername    xxxxx
  DBAuth        xxxxxx
  AddQuery replace into Sessions values.........
  CountQuery select NASIDENTIFIER ........
  DeleteQuery delete from Sessions where .........
</SessionDatabase>

<Realm /realm1/i>
  RewriteUsername       s/^([^@]+).*/$1/
  AuthBy Frii
  SessionDatabase FriiSessions
</Realm>
<Realm /realm2/i>
  RewriteUsername       s/^([^@]+).*/$1/
  AuthBy Frii
  SessionDatabase FriiSessions
</Realm>
<Handler>
  AuthBy Frii
  SessionDatabase FriiSessions
</Handler>

Chris Bissell                                | Front Range Internet, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                            | www.frii.com [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Technical Operations                         | 970-224-3668  800-935-6527