Hello Mark -

At 15:42 +0000 6/12/00, Mark O'Leary wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Is it possible for a PostAuthHook to identify which of multiple AuthBy
>methods in a realm have triggered it?

Actually, the PostAuthHook fires after *all* of the AuthBy clauses
have been executed, so no there is no easy way to do what you
describe.

>I have a ContinueWhileReject realm with Authbys of FILE, then LDAP, then
>RADIUS. What I'd like to do is have a postauthhook subroutine react only to
>successful LDAP authentications...
>
>The hook itself writes the user details into the file consulted by the AuthBy
>File - i.e. it is effectively a cache of successful LDAP lookups. Obviously I
>don't want the hook triggered by a success against the initial cache file
>lookup (!), nor do I want successful proxy RADIUS authentications written to
>the cache.
>
>Any hints/help? All I can think of at the moment is transferring the hook
>code directly into the LDAP module itself, which I'd rather not do since I'd
>like to be able to turn off the cacheing easily (i.e. by commenting out the
>postauthhook line of the cfg and restarting).

I think your last idea is the best - roll some code into the LDAP
module. However, I would use as an example the code that is in the
new version of the AuthRADIUS.pm module for caching radius replies.
Then I would set up a USR1HOOK and a USR2HOOK to change the caching
on the fly.

Download Radiator 2.17.1 which is where you will find all the code
and the new hook support.

regards

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our correspondence.