Hello Marc -

On Thu, 14 Dec 2000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> i am trying to do some modifications to the AuthSQL routines and I
> have some questions for the list:

Just out of interest, why do you need to modify AuthSQL.pm?

> - If I return a new User-name in the attributes, different from the
> original username, is the equipment required to support this and
> thereafter return the new user name in accounting start/stop requests?

No. You should use the Class attribute for this.

> - How have other people solved the multiple user-name problems
> associated with a large customer base and integrating other companies
> with potentially conflicting usernames? Do you enforce unique
> usernames? Would it be wise to allow multiple usernames which are
> identical provided there are different passwords to differentiate
> them?

This isn't really a Radiator question, but one sensible approach is to use
DefaultRealm(s) in your Client clauses and then different Realms or Handlers
pointing to the different user databases. Otherwise, giving your users fully
qualified usernames ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) is the best way to go.

hth

-