Just a warning, the FreeTDS 5.0 and 5.1 both have given us alot of trouble with
memory leaks. We had about 2000 incoming lines and authenticated on mysql, but
sent out accounting to a MS SQL 6.5 server using DBD:Sybase 0.23 and FreeTDS
(both versions above). Memory leaked such that 4 days run time left us with 50mb
in memory for the radiator process. We decided to move accounting to Mysql
instead and use a perl script to dump the contents of the accounting table into
the MS SQL server on a regular interval.

Hugh Irvine wrote:

> Hello Greg -
>
> On Fri, 15 Dec 2000, Greg Kornatowsky wrote:
> > We are running SQL Server 7.  Will the free Sybase drivers work with version
> > 7?  We are currently using OpenLink but it keeps crashing, we are looking
> > for a backup solution.
> >

> Yes. There is a patch for the first release MS-SQL 7 to fix the Sybase
> connectivity that was broken initially.
>
> This topic has been discussed on the list previously and there is something in
> the Radiator FAQ as well.
>
> regards
>
> Hugh
>
> --
> anywhere. Available on *NIX, *BSD, Windows 95/98/2000, NT, MacOS X.
> -
>
> ===
> Archive at http://www.starport.net/~radiator/
> Announcements on [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Stephen Comoletti - Network Engineer / Systems Administrator
Delanet Inc. http://www.delanet.com
Frontline Communications Corp. http://www.fcc.net
phone: (302) 326-5800 fax: (302) 326-5802 x312
262 Quigley Blvd, New Castle, DE 19720, USA

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature