Hi folks,

I'm a little unclear about encrypted passwords in a Radiator database.

I would like to MD5 encrypt all our user passwords.

I've been experimenting with Digest::MD5 and Crypt::PasswordMD5, and so
far only Crypt::PasswordMD5 gives me what i see as a 'true' MD5
password. (The salt beginning with '$1$').

I'm a little confused as to the standards regarding the salt, and if
Radiator will understand the MD5 hashed passwords i create.

Am i going about the issue the wrong way? How can i store well-encrypted
passwords in my database to be used for authentication?

Thanks,

Chris.