Hi Hugh
with this box, a client need to authenticate first the group to
establish a ipsec tunnel, then a username member of the group. The
altiga makes two authentication requests.
But with the help of a very kind cisco girl, I'm now able to use
radiator:

Here the group and user profiles:

nextra          Password="next4321pw"
                Class="OU=nextra;",
                Altiga-IPSec-Authentication-G="RADIUS",
                Altiga-Tunneling-Protocols-G/U="IPSec"

edoardo         Password="edoPW"
                Class="nextra"

and here the dictionary:

# Altiga vendor attributes
VENDORATTR  3076  Altiga-Access-Hours-G/U                 1
string
VENDORATTR  3076  Altiga-Simultaneous-Logins-G/U          2
integer
VENDORATTR  3076  Altiga-Min-Password-Length-G            3
integer
VENDORATTR  3076  Altiga-Allow-Alpha-Only-Passwords-G     4
integer
VENDORATTR  3076  Altiga-Primary-DNS-G                    5
ipaddr
VENDORATTR  3076  Altiga-Secondary-DNS-G                  6
ipaddr
VENDORATTR  3076  Altiga-Primary-WINS-G                   7
ipaddr
VENDORATTR  3076  Altiga-Secondary-WINS-G                 8
ipaddr
VENDORATTR  3076  Altiga-SEP-Card-Assignment-G/U          9
integer
VENDORATTR  3076  Altiga-Priority-on-SEP-G/U              10
integer
VENDORATTR  3076  Altiga-Tunneling-Protocols-G/U          11
integer
VENDORATTR  3076  Altiga-IPSec-Sec-Association-G/U        12
string
VENDORATTR  3076  Altiga-IPSec-Authentication-G           13
integer
VENDORATTR  3076  Altiga-IPSec-Banner-G                   15
string
VENDORATTR  3076  Altiga-IPSec-Allow-Passwd-Store-G/U     16
integer
VENDORATTR  3076  Altiga-Use-Client-Address-G/U           17
integer
VENDORATTR  3076  Altiga-PPTP-Min-Authentication-G/U      18
integer
VENDORATTR  3076  Altiga-L2TP-Min-Authentication-G/U      19
integer
VENDORATTR  3076  Altiga-PPTP-Encryption-G                20
integer
VENDORATTR  3076  Altiga-L2TP-Encryption-G                21
integer
VENDORATTR  3076  Altiga-IPSec-L2L-Keepalives-G           25
integer
VENDORATTR  3076  Altiga-IPSec-Split-Tunnel-List-G        27
string
VENDORATTR  3076  Altiga-IPSec-Default-Domain-G           28
string
VENDORATTR  3076  Altiga-IPSec-Secondary-Domains-G        29
string
VENDORATTR  3076  Altiga-IPSec-Tunnel-Type-G              30
integer
VENDORATTR  3076  Altiga-IPSec-Mode-Config-G              31
integer
VENDORATTR  3076  Altiga-IPSec-User-Group-Lock-G          33
integer
#  Altiga value
VALUE Altiga-Allow-Alpha-Only-Passwords-G    Allow           1
VALUE Altiga-Allow-Alpha-Only-Passwords-G    Disallow        0
VALUE Altiga-SEP-Card-Assignment-G/U         SEP1            1
VALUE Altiga-SEP-Card-Assignment-G/U         SEP2            2
VALUE Altiga-SEP-Card-Assignment-G/U         SEP3            4
VALUE Altiga-SEP-Card-Assignment-G/U         SEP4            8
VALUE Altiga-SEP-Card-Assignment-G/U         Any-SEP         15
VALUE Altiga-Priority-on-SEP-G/U             High            1
VALUE Altiga-Priority-on-SEP-G/U             Med-High        2
VALUE Altiga-Priority-on-SEP-G/U             Medium          3
VALUE Altiga-Priority-on-SEP-G/U             Med-Low         4
VALUE Altiga-Priority-on-SEP-G/U             Low             5
VALUE Altiga-Tunneling-Protocols-G/U         PPTP            1
VALUE Altiga-Tunneling-Protocols-G/U         L2TP            2
VALUE Altiga-Tunneling-Protocols-G/U         IPSec           4
VALUE Altiga-Tunneling-Protocols-G/U         L2TP/IPSec      8
VALUE Altiga-Tunneling-Protocols-G/U         PPTP-and-IPSec  5
VALUE Altiga-Tunneling-Protocols-G/U         All             15
VALUE Altiga-IPSec-Authentication-G          None            0
VALUE Altiga-IPSec-Authentication-G          RADIUS          1
VALUE Altiga-IPSec-Authentication-G          LDAP            2
VALUE Altiga-IPSec-Authentication-G          NTDomain        3
VALUE Altiga-IPSec-Authentication-G          SDI             4
VALUE Altiga-IPSec-Authentication-G          Internal        5
VALUE Altiga-IPSec-Allow-Passwd-Store-G/U    Allow           1
VALUE Altiga-IPSec-Allow-Passwd-Store-G/U    Disallow        0
VALUE Altiga-Use-Client-Address-G/U          Allow           1
VALUE Altiga-Use-Client-Address-G/U          Disallow        0
VALUE Altiga-PPTP-Min-Authentication-G/U     PAP             1
VALUE Altiga-PPTP-Min-Authentication-G/U     CHAP            2
VALUE Altiga-PPTP-Min-Authentication-G/U     EAP-MD5         4
VALUE Altiga-PPTP-Min-Authentication-G/U     EAP-GTC         8
VALUE Altiga-PPTP-Min-Authentication-G/U     EAP-TLS         16
VALUE Altiga-PPTP-Min-Authentication-G/U     MSCHAPv1        32
VALUE Altiga-PPTP-Min-Authentication-G/U     MSCHAPv2        64
VALUE Altiga-PPTP-Min-Authentication-G/U     Default         102
VALUE Altiga-L2TP-Min-Authentication-G/U     PAP             1
VALUE Altiga-L2TP-Min-Authentication-G/U     CHAP            2
VALUE Altiga-L2TP-Min-Authentication-G/U     EAP-MD5         4
VALUE Altiga-L2TP-Min-Authentication-G/U     EAP-GTC         8
VALUE Altiga-L2TP-Min-Authentication-G/U     EAP-TLS         16
VALUE Altiga-L2TP-Min-Authentication-G/U     MSCHAPv1        32
VALUE Altiga-L2TP-Min-Authentication-G/U     MSCHAPv2        64
VALUE Altiga-L2TP-Min-Authentication-G/U     Default         102
VALUE Altiga-PPTP-Encryption-G               40bit                   2
VALUE Altiga-PPTP-Encryption-G               40-Encryption-Req       3
VALUE Altiga-PPTP-Encryption-G               128                     4
VALUE Altiga-PPTP-Encryption-G               128-Encryption-Req      5
VALUE Altiga-PPTP-Encryption-G               40-or-128               6
VALUE Altiga-PPTP-Encryption-G               40-or-128-Encry-Req     7
VALUE Altiga-PPTP-Encryption-G               40-Stateless-Req        10
VALUE Altiga-PPTP-Encryption-G               40-Enc/Stateless-Req    11
VALUE Altiga-PPTP-Encryption-G               128-Stateless-Req       12
VALUE Altiga-PPTP-Encryption-G               128-Enc/Stateless-Req   13
VALUE Altiga-PPTP-Encryption-G               40/128-Stateless-Req    14
VALUE Altiga-PPTP-Encryption-G               40/128-Enc/Statls-Req   15
VALUE Altiga-L2TP-Encryption-G               40bit                   2
VALUE Altiga-L2TP-Encryption-G               40-Encryption-Req       3
VALUE Altiga-L2TP-Encryption-G               128                     4
VALUE Altiga-L2TP-Encryption-G               128-Encryption-Req      5
VALUE Altiga-L2TP-Encryption-G               40-or-128               6
VALUE Altiga-L2TP-Encryption-G               40-or-128-Encry-Req     7
VALUE Altiga-L2TP-Encryption-G               40-Stateless-Req        10
VALUE Altiga-L2TP-Encryption-G               40-Enc/Stateless-Req    11
VALUE Altiga-L2TP-Encryption-G               128-Stateless-Req       12
VALUE Altiga-L2TP-Encryption-G               128-Enc/Stateless-Req   13
VALUE Altiga-L2TP-Encryption-G               40/128-Stateless-Req    14
VALUE Altiga-L2TP-Encryption-G               40/128-Enc/Statls-Req   15
VALUE Altiga-IPSec-L2L-Keepalives-G          ON                      1
VALUE Altiga-IPSec-L2L-Keepalives-G          OFF                     0
VALUE Altiga-IPSec-Tunnel-Type-G             LAN-to-LAN              1
VALUE Altiga-IPSec-Tunnel-Type-G             Remote-Access           2
VALUE Altiga-IPSec-Mode-Config-G             ON                      1
VALUE Altiga-IPSec-Mode-Config-G             OFF                     0
VALUE Altiga-IPSec-User-Group-Lock-G         ON                      1
VALUE Altiga-IPSec-User-Group-Lock-G         OFF                     0

you can now ship the dictionary.altiga file ;-)

thank you
Edoardo

Hugh Irvine wrote:

> Hello Edoardo -
>
> On Saturday 30 December 2000 01:33, Edoardo Martelli wrote:
> > thank you Matthew
> >
> > but I don't know which attributes the vpn3000 needs to authenticate a
> > group and which ones to authenticate a user.
> > maybe you are in the right place: could you find some examples? I've
> > already searched on cco but I didn't find anything useful.
> >

> Just out of interest, what do mean by a "group"? The Radius protocol only
> handles usernames, passwords and assorted connection attributes, there is no
> concept of a "group".
>
> Maybe you could explain what you are trying to do?
>
> thanks
>
> Hugh
>
> --
> anywhere. Available on *NIX, *BSD, Windows 95/98/2000, NT, MacOS X.
> -

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
phone: +39 051 6139242
fax:   +39 051 6114455