Hello Charles -

On Friday 12 January 2001 09:40, Charles Sprickman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> > Your problem is because you haven't declared that you are going to use an
> > external subroutine.
>
> Argh.  I'm not clear on that.  Where would I be declaring that?  I thought
> just specifying "PostAuthHook" did that...

The PostAuthHook parameter defines the hook and calls it from Radiator, what
I was refering to was the routine that you are trying to call from the hook.

> > It is much easier to pick up a reference to your AuthBy SQL clause and
> > just use that for all database access.
> >
> >     my $authby = Radius::AuthGeneric::find('Ipass_SQL');
>
> I don't need to touch any auth stuff, I just need to query the RADONLINE
> db...  If you can show me how to open a handle to my existing sql
> connection, that would probably fix me up.
>
> > There are some examples of how to do this sort of thing in the Radiator
> > 2.17.1 distribution in the file "goodies/hooks.txt".
>
> Ah, I'm still on 2.16.1, and I see you've added some stuff to that file.
> I still don't really get what's going on there, especially how to refer
> back to variables declared in radiator and it's modules.
>
> Do you (or any list members) have any examples showing how to get a handle
> on a sql connection?
>
> Or is there an easy way to just make "PostAuthHook" call an external
> program?
>
> I think the rest of my code, if not great (or even good), will achieve my
> desired goals...
>
> The main reason I want to implement it in the PostAuthHook is so that I
> can trigger my script on login/logout of IPass people (I've got them in a
> seperate handler).

To get a handle to your session database you would do something similar to
the above (I didn't understand what you required the first time):

        my $sessdb = Radius::SessGeneric::find('Ipass_SQL');

Then you can use $sessdb to call any routines in SessSQL.pm and any routines
that SessSQL.pm inherits from (including DBD/DBI).

hth

Hugh

ps - in your previous mail you asked this:

# -*- mode: Perl -*-
# PopAuth
# don't really know what the above does...

The first line is an emacs tag that tells emacs to use "mode: Perl" for
editing this file.

-