Hello Anders -

At 12:14 +0100 01/2/13, Anders Marius Jørgensen wrote:
>Hello Hugh,
>
>I want to address a situation where the NAS has crashed when a
>number of users have been logged on to the nas.
>The NAS will at boot up time issue an acct-on to the RADIUS server
>(directly or via RADIUS roaming).
>
>Will the Radiator then close each open accounting issues (i.e. only
>the acct-start packet has been received and the acct-stop is missing)
>for the users still on this NAS ?!?
>
>This holds also true in a situation where the NAS is rebooted /
>reloaded in a controlled maner were the NAS will issue a
>acct-stop before leaves this planet.

No, Radiator will only remove any stale entries in the session
database upon receipt of an Accounting-On. If you want to do
something fancier, I suggest the best thing to do is to enable
accounting alives on the NAS so as to continually write partial
accounting updates. Anything more advanced will probably involve
setting up one or more special handlers together with an AuthBy SQL
and a PreAuthHook perhaps?

hth

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our correspondence.