Hi people,

We are having trouble with stale records in our SessionDatabase.

The NAS is a Nortel Shasta that doesn't seem to have a reasonable means
of being queried about a particular Acct-Session-Id or Username/Framed-IP-
Address.

We started using Ping, but it seems to be giving addresses on a FIFO
basis, so they are almost immediatly re-used making this method useless.

The people at Nortel say that they can configure it so it sends Acct-
Interim-Update packets every <N> minutes.

What we could do is to catch every Acct-Interim-Update packet and make an
update on the SessionDatabase record's Timestamp.

Now, if we have a user trying to authenticate and according to our
SessionDatabase it would exceed it's Simultaneous-Use value, we could
check every record for this user and if the Timestamp is older than <N>
minutes + 10% (or something like that), we consider it invalid and allow
the user in again.

How would I do this?

That is, as there is an AddQuery for an Acct-Start and a DeleteQuery for
an Acct-Stop, I would need to use a kind of "UpdateQuery" for an Acct-
Interim-Update. How can I do this?

Where should I handle the Simultaneous-Use check? That is, now I simply
set a NasType in the Shasta's <Client> entry. How can I use an arbitrary
perl function for this?

Thanx.
--
Baby

--
PS: If one of the Shasta users out there is handling lost Acct-Stop
packets in some other way, I would very much like to know... as we are a