Hello Petri -

>We have 2 NAS's for dial-in purposes and mostly IPs
>are assigned from pool. Couple of users need static IPs.
>
>These users call single number and their calls are forwarded
>to either of NAS's. Because of lack of proper routing
>protocol we decided to give them two static IP:s depending
>of which NAS they end up to.
>
>So we've made a users file for them that uses check-item
>Client-Id to give them correct IP. Users file has
>two occurances for the user, one for each NAS (see below).
>
>Problem is that when user comes from client1, radiator seems
>to process the second user line also ending up with reject
>(see log clip). If user comes from client2, Client-Id check
>item is matched and user gets ip2.
>
>I can see the reason why it happens and also have postauthhook
>to deal with situation, but postauthhook isn't as maintainable
>as users file.
>
>I'm using Radiator 2.16 (don't touch if it works...)

The latest version is 2.17.1 with a new release due out in the next
couple of weeks.

>Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Petri

><users>
>user Auth-Type = CheckSystem, Group = access, Client-Id = client1
>         Service-Type = Framed-User,
>         Framed-Protocol = PPP,
>         Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,
>         Framed-IP-Address = ip1
>user Auth-Type = CheckSystem, Group = access, Client-Id = client2
>         Service-Type = Framed-User,
>         Framed-Protocol = PPP,
>         Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,
>         Framed-IP-Address = ip2
></users>

You will need to change these two entries to DEFAULT, because the
second entry is overwriting the first.

DEFAULT User-Name = user, Auth-Type = CheckSystem, .....

DEFAULT User-Name = user, Auth-Type = CheckSystem, ....

hth

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our correspondence.