Our radius servers running Linux & MySQL / Linux & Connecting to MSSQL have
up to 300 days uptime, and would have more if it wasn't for a power outage
before we had a generator.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy Burton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 5:00 AM
To: Sudjiwo Husodo
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: (RADIATOR) Oracle on Sun or Linux?

Our situation is we are using Radiator running on a couple of Solaris/x86
machines, with Oracle running on the others. When set up correctly, with
enough hardware thrown at it, I much prefer the reliability of Solairs -
our db server has only crashed once in two years. It *averages* 120 days
uptime, with most reboots being due to scheduled maintainence
(or power failure). Our best effort with a Linux box in terms of stability
on a loaded server before it started behaving badly was about an average
of 60 days. However this was with older kernels - YMMV...

Jeremy

On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 05:09:46PM +0700, Sudjiwo Husodo wrote:
> Hi all !!
>
> We are moving our Radiator on mysql/linux to Oracle due to our billing
> systems that
> is developed on Oracle. We are debating whether to use Oracle/Linux or
> Oracle/Sun.
> Can anybody comment as to which platform is better for Radiator?
>
> We currently have 27 pops (35,000 subscribers) and considering to have a
> copy of
> the local pops subscribers on each pop using Oracle replication (and of
> course a
> local pop radiator). The needs is due to bw savings more than
infrastructure
> stability
> in Indonesia. Currently with mysql/linux a centralized radiator works just
> fine. Can
> anybody comment on this approach?
>
> Regards,
> Sudjiwo
>

> ===
> Archive at http://www.starport.net/~radiator/
> Announcements on [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Jeremy Burton
Database Administrator, Netspace Online Systems
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]