Hello Brett, Hello Everyone -

My advice is to do the following:

1. Configure your NAS(s) to point at one or the other of two load balancing
Radiator proxies outside your firewall. These can be very modest machines
just running Radiator and tcpwrapper or similar for security.

2. Configure the load balancing proxies to point to two or more Radiator
processing hosts inside the firewall. Use the AuthBy LOADBALANCE clause and
add caching and local file accounting on fail (available in Radiator 2.18).
This will allow your customers (who have dialed up within the caching window)
to authenticate, and you will have a flat file accounting record that you can
subsequently process to add the details to the customer records.

3. Build and configure two or more Radiator processing hosts inside your
firewall. Configure these hosts to run against your SQL host.

4. Build a *very* solid database host with multiprocessor and hot-swap RAID
disk array.

This is not the only solution of course, but at least this one is relatively
easy, simple and inexpensive.

regards

Hugh

-