Hi,

I'm wondering if I'm using the correct AuthByPolicy to handle falling
back from a SQL DB to a flat file for accoounting.  Is this right?

<Handler Request-Type = Accounting-Request>
        AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileReject
        AuthBy SQL
        <AuthBy FILE>
                Filename %D/detail.%y%m
        </AuthBy>
</Handler>

When I do a radpwtst, the accounting replies say 'No reply'.  If I put
this Handler clause in production, will it work if our SQL DB goes
down?  Will it send an 'OK' back to the NAS's?  For testing purposes in
my AuthBy SQL clause, I set the Timeout 10 and FailureBackoffTime 20.
Also, I have a fake SQL DBSource to have it fall back to the flat file.

# ./radpwtst -secret dork -user xxxxxx -password xxxxx -auth_port 2000
-acct_port 2001 -timeout 60
sending Access-Request...
OK
sending Accounting-Request Start...
No reply
sending Accounting-Request Stop...
No reply

Thanks,
Janet

Janet del Mundo
Internet Administrator, Startec Global Communications
135 Chalan Santo Papa   Agana, Guam  96910
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]