Hi all,

I'm trying to solve the following problem. Our radiator proxies
authentication requests. Upon receiving the response from the remote radius
server, we want to add an user-specific IP-address from our own SQL table.
I'm considering the following approach:

<AuthBy Group>
        Identifier proxy
        AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileAccept
        <AuthBy Radius>
                Host ...
        <AuthBy SQL>
                DBSource dbi:mysql:radius
                DBUsername ...
                DBAuth ...
                AuthSelect select ipaddress from tblAccess where
username='%u'
                AuthColumnDef 0, GENERIC, reply

However, due to the asynchronous behavior of AuthBy Radius this won't work.
See also:
http://www.open.com.au/archives/radiator/2001-04/msg00192.html
http://www.open.com.au/archives/radiator/2002-08/msg00107.html
I'm a bit reluctant to use the Synchronous parameter, since we cannot really
trust the remote radius server.

Another solution could be using a ReplyHook. However, this seems a bit
cumbersome to me; writing a failure-back-off-fall-back procedure to multiple
SQL-servers myself, while it is so nicely implemented in Radiators AuthBy
SQL.

Does anybody has a suggestion to overcome this problem?

Cheers,
Alexander