Hello Jay -

You cannot use "%P" with CHAP-Password, as it is never decrypted.

In other words, "%P" only works with PAP as you have discovered.

regards

Hugh

On Tuesday, Feb 25, 2003, at 08:58 Australia/Melbourne, Jay Pike wrote:

Radiator List,

        I've got a simple question about '%P' rewriting in the configs,
and its relation to the CHAP-Password value.

        I've done some rewriting on AuthSQL.pm, and can't really tell if
I've got a bug in my code, or if the cleartext value of the
CHAP-Password is inserted with '%P' like it is for PAP.

Anyone?

jp

/ \
| James J. Pike Jr. Phone: 888.747.4638 |
| Systems Engineer Direct Phone: 517-664-8610 |
| CoreComm Inc. Http: http://www.core.com/ |
| EMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
| PGPKey: http://my.voyager.net/jaypike/pgpkey.txt |
\ /