There may be better ways but the good news is I did get around my authenication sql logging issue.

I was able to get around the mac to userid tracking problem by adding temp attributes to the reply in the inner authentication then
using them in the outer authentication to do the acutal logging.

ie:
The inner authentication (posauth code) sets an action attribute to tell the outer authenication to put out a log, plus a couple of attributes to populate the log.

The outer authentication (postauth code) checks the action attribute and if set to log gets the other attributes and does the sql insert.
In either case it deletes the temp attributes.

Therefore the final pass through the outer authentication which has the mac can do the log with all the required attributes.

Regards
John McFadden