Just want to make sure I'm not totally out in left field on how to accomplish this, I thought I'd ask. We just recently setup MySQL Replication.. and I'd like to make our Radiator software use the master and slaves for authentication (just using DNS round robin atm).. but since only the master can receive updates, I'd like to make sure the accounting packets only go to the master.

I'm thinking I need to make the configuration look like this, but please let me know if I'm totally off base:

AuthByPolicy ContinueAlways

   <AuthBy SQL>
       DBSource        dbi:mysql:radius:<<Slave Hostname>
       DBUsername        username
       DBAuth            password

# Setup Authentication
AuthSelect select ENCRYPTEDPASSWORD, REPLYATTR from AUTHENTICATIONTABLE where USERNAME='%U'
AuthColumnDef 0, Encrypted-Password, check
AuthColumnDef 1, GENERIC, reply

       # Disable Accounting
       AccountingTable
   </AuthBy>

   <AuthBy SQL>
       DBSource        dbi:mysql:radius:<<Master Database>>
       DBUsername        radius
       DBAuth            csrox

       # Disable Authentication
       AuthSelect

# Setup Accounting
AccountingTable ACCOUNTINGTABLE
AcctColumnDef USERNAME,User-Name
AcctColumnDef TIME_STAMP,Timestamp,formatted-date,'%Y%m%d %H:%M:%S'
AcctColumnDef ACCTSTATUSTYPE,Acct-Status-Type
AcctColumnDef ACCTDELAYTIME,Acct-Delay-Time,integer
AcctColumnDef ACCTINPUTOCTETS,Acct-Input-Octets,integer
AcctColumnDef ACCTOUTPUTOCTETS,Acct-Output-Octets,integer
AcctColumnDef ACCTSESSIONID,Acct-Session-Id
AcctColumnDef ACCTSESSIONTIME,Acct-Session-Time,integer
AcctColumnDef ACCTTERMINATECAUSE,Acct-Terminate-Cause
AcctColumnDef NASIDENTIFIER,NAS-IP-Address
AcctColumnDef NASPORT,NAS-Port,integer
AcctColumnDef FRAMEDIPADDRESS,Framed-IP-Address
AcctColumnDef CONNECTSPEED,Connect-Speed
</AuthBy>

Thanks a bunch in advance. Sorry if this has already been covered on the list, took a look but perhaps my search techniques are in need of improvement :)

--
Regards,

Derek Buttineau
Internet Systems Administrator