I like to be able to assign an ip address based on business rules that include userid, location , date/time and database flags.

In turn the lease would allow us to assign a different dns server which gives us the ability to point to the regular one or a one which redirects all traffic to a custom jsp.

I think I can do what I want to do as long as the AddressAllocator has access to the userid in the 802.1x inner authenitcation. I log that information to a database so I
could use that but I wondering if there is a easier wait.

ie: Is that userid available as some kind of session variable and get the address allocater access those vars?

Any hints, suggestions?

Thanks in advance

John McFadden