Is there any way inside a <Handler> clause to access the reason for the current requests failing, as it is accessible via %1 in an <AuthLog> clause? I would like to be able to pass back the actual failure reason to the client instead of the cryptic Reply-Message="Request Denied". Something along the lines of the following, where %x is the var for the failure reason:

<Handler>
        SessionDatabase SDB_SQL
        AuthBy                  Auth_SQL

        StripFromReply          Reply-Message
        AddToReply              Reply-Message=%x
</Handler>

The reason for this is we are migrating to using an AuthBy RADIUS setup, where one server proxies to another. Unfortunately, on the proxy/ front end server, the %1/Reason in an AuthLog SQL clause is always set to "Proxy" on all login failures, instead of the normally descriptive failure reason. I realize this is because the proxy server has no way of knowing what the failure reason is from the server its passing the request to. Hence, my need to have the back-end server insert the failure text into the reply packet. Then i can structure the AuthLog SQL insert statement on my front end server to log '%{Reply:Reply-Message}' instead of %1 for the failure reason. Does this make sense?

- jeremy