Hello Vangelis -

See my other mail on this topic, but I suggest you use different log files for different Radiator instances.

regards

Hugh

On 13/11/2003, at 7:59 PM, Vangelis Kyriakakis wrote:

Can all these Radiator instances use the same logfiles? Or they'll have problems racing for file locks?

Vangelis

Frank Danielson wrote:

It's really not that hard. You run a number of Radiator instances, with each
one having it's own connection to the LDAP, SQL, or whatever backend. Then
you front end those with an instance or two of Radiator running AuthBy
ROUNDROBIN or AuthBy LOADBALANCE to distribute the requests among them.

You can process quite a lot of requests simultaneously this way. If your
current server is not responding fast enough but the CPU utilization is not
maxed out you are probably just hitting the ceiling on how many requests a
single instance can process at a time. Start up some more processes on the
box and use all those processor cycles that you paid for.

-Frank