On 04/08/2011 07:30 PM, frank.mes...@osix.nl wrote:

Hello Frank,

> As described in my earlier mail I want to add an attribute in the reply
> message as follows
>
>          AuthSelect select PASSWORD, USER_CATEGORY from  DSM_USER where
> DOMAIN_NAME = 'PUBLIC' AND USER_NAME = split_part (%0,E'\\', 2) AND
> ENABLED = True
>
>         AuthColumnDef       0, User-Password, check
>         AuthColumnDef       1, Class, reply

That looks good and should work. You probably checked Radiator log and
verified that Class gets sent with Access-Accept?

> However, I don't get this Class attribute back in the accounting response.
> I would expect that every NAS (we are using Coova Chilli) would handle
> this Class attribute, but apparently it does not.

That is a very reasonable expectation. The clients should just echo back
Class with Accounting messages in effect binding the authentication
event the respective accounting session.

> Are these reply attributes NAS specific ?

No. Class is in the base RADIUS RFC. See for example this:

> Should I use another attribute ?

You could check Coova documentation to see if they support anything
similar to Class.

If they do not, User-Name attribute should behave similarly to Class.
See for example:

It's of course usually more useful to keep User-Name intact.

Thanks!
Heikki

--
Heikki Vatiainen <h...@open.com.au>