On 11/09/2011 09:46 PM, Joy Veronneau wrote:

> Is it possible for the radiator server to do machine-based
> authentication (via certificate) to an Active Directory domain?

You may want to check if the really mean certificates, since machine
based authentication can work with PEAP/EAP-MSCHAP-V2 too. When the
machine joins to domain, a password and username is automatically
created and these can be used for machine based authentication. This is
also supported by Radiator by default too.

> I have MSCHAPv2 working to our AD domain with username/password, but
> now someone is asking about machine-based authentication. They are
> currently doing this with an MS radius server and would like to
> switch to our centrally managed radius server and central AD system.
> I know that we would have to issue a new cert to the machine from the
> central AD domain… but I'm not finding much about how to set up
> radiator in my on-line research so far.

EAP-TLS, see goodies too, can be used here. Radiator can also do extra
checks for certs besides just checking if the cert is valid or not.

--
Heikki Vatiainen <h...@open.com.au>

NetWare etc.