On 01/12/2012 06:09 PM, Saverino, Steven wrote:

> With some help, I have started to get the Radiator Application to work with
> our equipment, thanks.
>
> I need to see if the radsec feature of the Radiator application works with
> our equipment and I have started to read up on it in the documentation
> provided but if anyone can provide an example or steps needed to make this
> work would be appreciated, thanks.

Here is my test setup for RadSec client and server:

% ls -l
total 52
drwxr-xr-x 3 hvn hvn 4096 2011-12-08 15:32 certificates
-r--r--r-- 1 hvn hvn 9501 2011-12-08 16:11 radsec-client.cfg
-rw-r--r-- 1 hvn hvn 6105 2011-12-08 16:11 radsec-server.cfg
-rw-r--r-- 1 hvn hvn   27 2011-12-08 16:27 users

File 'users' is simply this one line:
mikem   User-Password = fred

radsec-client.cfg and radsec-server.cfg are unmodified files from
Radiator distribution goodies/ directory.

certificates is a copy of certificates directory in Radiator
distribution directory.

Testing involves starting two radiusd instances. On Linux something like
this should work:

% perl ~/radiator/Radiator-4.9/radiusd -I ~/radiator/Radiator-4.9
-dictionary ~/radiator/Radiator-4.9/dictionary -config radsec-server.cfg

Since this is my test system, I am running radiusd directly from the
distribution diretory. If Radiator has been installed, something like
this should work:

% radiusd -dictionary ~/radiator/Radiator-4.9/dictionary -config
radsec-server.cfg

To start client, run run the same command in another terminal window but
use radsec-client.cfg as config file name.

Finally, open a third terminal window and run radpwtst:

% radpwtst -trace 4 -noacct

This will run simple authentication without accounting and use
mikem/fred as username and password.

If the test setup was done correctly, you should get back Access-Accept.
The request goes first to the server instance and gets sent over RadSec
to the client instance. The client does AuthBy FILE using users file.

At this point I strongly recommend using command line and going through
the configuration files to see what the configuration looks like. The
web gui would overwrite the comments which contain a lot of useful
information.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks!
Heikki