On 10/29/2013 07:56 PM, Johnson, Neil M wrote:
> Tried the LogSock inet, did not work.
>
> We are running ActiveState PERL 5.12.2 and Sys::Syslog version 0.33

I tried with ActivePerl 5.14.4 and Sys::Syslog 0.33 using this
configuration:

<AuthLog SYSLOG>
        Identifier myauthlogger
        LogHost 172.16.172.14
        LogSock inet
        LogSuccess 1
        LogFailure 1
</AuthLog>

I had tcpdump running on 172.16.172.14 and there was traffic to syslog
port 514. The configuration was goodies/authlog.cfg modified to use
SYSLOG as shown above.

Maybe you could try a simple config to see if it works with something
very basic?

I could not try with ActivePerl 5.12.2 since PPM complained about
requiring authentication to upgrade to 0.33. Seeing how to get this
solved may take a bit longer, but I thought I'd confirm syslog on
Windows should work.

--
Heikki Vatiainen <h...@open.com.au>

NetWare etc.