Hi all -

We discussed this at length many times over the years and our decision was
always that “DEBUG” meant show everything that is going on, otherwise debugging
is very hard.

I suppose we could consider two levels: “DEBUG” as it is now, and
“DEBUGWITHOUTPASSWORDS” with passwords obscured.

Thoughts?

regards

Hugh

On 13 Oct 2014, at 08:57, Keith Morrell <keithmorr...@nbnco.com.au> wrote:

> UNCLASSIFIED
>
> We use debug level 4 on all our subprocesses (we use radiator proxies for
> front ends) to gather detailed data about what’s going on – it’s just the way
> we like it.
>
> Personally, I think showing any passwords in clear text in logs is generally
> not a good idea…
>
> -Keith

Hugh Irvine
h...@open.com.au

DIAMETER, SIM, etc.
Full source on Unix, Linux, Windows, MacOSX, Solaris, VMS, NetWare etc.