On 07/25/2015 03:22 PM, a.l.m.bu...@lboro.ac.uk wrote:

> the heartbleed fix requires something like 1.69 (now i really
> hope that RedHat have at least backported the fixes to their old version!!!)

I agree the using recent Net::SSLeay version is a good idea. In addition
to what you wrote, for example, the parameters for elliptic curve
Diffie-Hellman, EAPTLS_ECDH_Curve and TLS_ECDH_Curve are only available
with recent versions.

However, I think heartbleed won't be a problem since Net::SSLeay is
dynamically linked against the SSL library. When the RedHat OpenSSL
update was available, that fixed the problem for Net::SSLeay and
Radiator too.

Thanks,
Heikki

--