Hello Antonio -

I am curious to know why your “father” process is taking so much time?

Have you checked a trace 4 debug with LogMicroseconds enabled to see what
exactly is taking the time?

If you send me a copy of your configuration file(s) directly, I will take a
look and try to make some suggestions.

FarmSize can be used in some situations, but it can cause problems in other
situations.

regards

Hugh

> On 24 Sep 2015, at 00:40, António Mendes <antonio.men...@wit-software.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> We are running a scenario with an instance acting as a father and forwarding
> the traffic for children processes according to some parameters in request.
> We done that changing the init script and starting several instances of
> radiator(each one in a different port).
>
> We are noticing that the father process are consuming too much processing
> resources and is only using one core, we would like to change this
> configuration to allow the distribution of load for all CPU cores available
> in the server and to do that we are thinking to use "FarmSize" and create
> several instances of father process.
>
> Do you see any problem with this new approach(I'm a little bit worried about
> the write concurrency of log files)? Do you have any concern or
> recommendations?
>

> Thanks
> --
> António Mendes
>
> WIT Software | Software Engineer
>
> This email was sent under WIT Software's Confidentiality Policy

Hugh Irvine
h...@open.com.au

DIAMETER, SIM, etc.
Full source on Unix, Linux, Windows, MacOSX, Solaris, VMS, NetWare etc.