Hi everyone,

Session Resumption as implemented by Radiator seems to work based on Session ID
(connection caching at the server). I have not seen any session ticket fields
in the exchanges so I'm guessing session tickets aren't implemented, feel free
to correct me.
Session resumption with session IDs has a major limitation: servers are
responsible for remembering negotiated TLS sessions for a given period of time.
It poses scalability issues for servers with a large load of concurrent
connections per second and for servers that want to cache sessions for a long
time. Session ticket resumption is designed to address this issue.
OpenSSL supports Session Tickets as of OpenSSL 0.9.8h. It may be worth looking
into. I'm not sure if session synchronization of tickets/cache between multiple
servers is necessary for a AAA server (as opposed to a web server), but I
imagine it may also provide a big performance boost in large deployments.

Feel free to give your thoughts on either issue.