For Billy. :-)

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Stephen D. Williams" <s...@lig.net>
> Date: March 5, 2018 at 10:21:48 PST
> To: f...@xent.com
> Subject: [FoRK] Science Wars: Is Science a Social Construct?, Women's Studies
> as Virus
>
> This ties together and coherently refutes a wide range of anti-science ideas
> and people.  Quite the hairy mess.
>
> There are plenty of good terms to learn from this like: science-shy students
> (because of cultural association, etc.). Science wars.  I suppose that's
> always been a thing, in waves. Quite a thing that it's such a thing still,
> apparently stronger than ever with people who are serious about theories.
> Even if the theories aren't really serious.
>

> The whole video is good, but this is at the paper proposing a strategy for a
> "Women's Studies as Virus" approach:
>
> https://youtu.be/bxdBRKmPhe4?t=24m43s
>

> I'm all for general inclusiveness and equality, but this is deep into
> territory that is begging for good and persistent mocking. It's fine to not
> be into science, but attacking science with pseudoscience in all these ways
> is unacceptable.  Not that there's any real worry about science, but there
> are various negative impacts and the occasional (I hope) dumb decision, in
> politics and elsewhere.  It's going to take more than Niel to constantly
> refute all of this to avoid a nasty infection.
>

> It is amazing that people watch this kind of thing for reasons other than
> comedy:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jLs-1GpwQM  Dr Prof Alex Jones Explains
> Advanced Physics
>

> Stephen
>
> --
> Stephen D. Williams s...@lig.net stephendwilli...@gmail.com LinkedIn:
> http://sdw.st/in
> V:650-450-UNIX (8649) V:866.SDW.UNIX V:703.371.9362 F:703.995.0407
> AIM:sdw Skype:StephenDWilliams Yahoo:sdwlignet Resume: http://sdw.st/gres
> Personal: http://sdw.st facebook.com/sdwlig twitter.com/scienteer

Centroids: The Center of the Radical Centrist Community
<RadicalCentrism@googlegroups.com>
Google Group: http://groups.google.com/group/RadicalCentrism
Radical Centrism website and blog: http://RadicalCentrism.org

---
"Centroids: The Center of the Radical Centrist Community" group.
to radicalcentrism+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.