Ernie:

To keep everything as simple as possible, let me say that I want

"a blog with a layout like Bart Ehrman."  Guess you never read Ehrman, not
"Erdham,"

who is probably the most important Bible scholar alive today, or certainly the
most

popular, the most widely read, with one best-seller or near best-seller, after
another.

Maybe for some topics a more relevant Bible scholar would be someone like

Rbt Eisenman or John Dominic Crossan, but Ehrman is right up there with

the very best.  I happen to disagree with him almost as much as I agree with
him;

but, damn, all his questions are excellent questions and the most important to
ask.

"with similar types of content"
WTH??? My guess is that you never cracked even a few pages of my book.

My content is nothing at all like Ehrman's stuff. It is completely different

in every conceivable way.

To try yet again to make this clear, I simply passed along the reference

to Bart Ehrman's site because the layout is close to what I am after.

Maybe it would have been better to have sent a reference to a non-religious

secular site (computers, a small business, sociology, whatever) but I am

a religious scholar  -a scholar of religion-  more than anything else

and reference to the site of a theologian is kind of natural to me.

To put it differently, say the word "religion" to some people and they
immediately think:
"What do you believe?"

Say the same word, religion, to someone like me and the question, instead,

is "what do you study empirically?"  What you believe is implied, and sometimes

may be the basic question, context tells you which is which, but ordinarily

"religion" means "subject of research interest," or the history of a religion

including the bad stuff about a religion not only the good stuff.

Anyway, let's pretend that I actually referred to a site by someone in the
software biz

or someone who runs a clothing store.    Maybe that will help a little bit.

However, what I would  like to include is a Table of Contents, with two chapter
titles

highlighted so that visitors to the site can choose to read either (or both) of
those chapters

to get a sense of the book.

The Table of Contents would also include the contents of the Appendix, with

most of the "chapters" of the Appendix highlighted so that readers can access

that material if they so desire.

Yes, I want to sell copies of the book but more important to me is getting a
brush fire going,

that is, getting people talking, getting the information "out there,"
generating "buzz"

and, hopefully, a lot of controversy.

Anyway, if you think a phone call would be useful, OK with me.

Just let me know approximately when you might call so that I can be awake

at the time, or at home and not running errands.

cheers

Billy