Ernie:

Whoa, Nelly.

What is remarkable is what was left out of the discussion, social values.

The author assumes that "everyone" can be led to agree that "of course"

the Leftist view of social issues is all that counts, that we can ignore

such issues because the only "real issues" revolve around co-operative

economic objectives.

This is pure Euopean bias, or Eurocentric bias even when a writer may be

Canadian or Australian or something else.   For such people the future will

necessarily be secular, "liberal," based on efficiencies before all else, etc.

It will demand a set of (ersatz)liberal values in lieu of religion, it will
ignore

actual religion by trivializing it, in short it lacks all understanding of

what might be called "soul."

Which is why I have become mostly disinterested in "neutral" social policy
proposals.

They aren't really neutral at all, they reflect the values of the coastal
elites in America,

or of European elites, perchance of Japanese elites, Mexican elites, and so
forth.

And these people are scared to death of populism, which they regard

as a wild animal that has escaped its cage.

Mexico just had an election, and another populist has won.

It remains to be seen if this new guy will be cultured and educated

and rational, Trump sure in hell is none of the above, but imagine a

cultured and educated and rational populist and what he could do.

That is, think of Teddy Roosevelt but someone who is not a blueblood

from an elite family. That's where I look for a new hope for mankind

even if this kind of "populist" has yet to surface.

What is needed is inspired leadership.  Where is this factor found within
Evonomics?

This is anything but secondary, it is vital to everything else.

That is, I am not so much antagonistic towards evonomics as incredulous

at what is left out that is essential for anything like evonomics to be
successful.

--------------------

Sunday I attended a "new" (for me) Evangelical church. Gads, what  a mess.

I had never before attended a church so far along the path toward death.

The sanctuary was built for a congregation of 300 or 350. Clearly

at one time the church was flourishing. Not any more.

The 50 or 60 people in attendance were almost all seniors

on their last legs.  A half dozen or so were in wheelchairs.

Average age of the congregation had to have been north of 60.

with the median age 80-something.

Think of this as a metaphor for the problems with Christianity today.

Down the block the Nazarene church ( like most Evangelical churches)

is flourishing.  But that is deceptive.  In some parts of the Evangelical

community a sort of "rot" has set in. This may not be all that serious now

but think of the future as the young increasingly abandon the Church

How did this "church for octogenarians" get to where it now is, on a

downward spiral toward death?

One thing is for sure, the problems that caused today's mess

had to have started years ago, but back then, say 1990 or 1995, no-one

was willing to see the problems for what they were, and as the problems

took their toll, as a congregation of 300+ began to decline, the response

was denial.

Now this church will die unless, so to speak, it gets a heart transplant.

To me this is the overarching "problem of problems" and if we

don't solve that issue nothing else really matters.

Billy