I've been using it in a large living/dining/kitchen open plan "room" and
outside.  I've had to have the volume up louder than what I had with the
boom but it has certainly been enough to fill the space at a resonable
listening level.  Obviously, if you wanted to have a large dance party
you might want more than one speaker to get above 20 people taking at
once, etc. but, otherwise, very usable.

Outside, I've had it about 20-30 feet away and it has been loud enough
to listen at a resonable level at about 65%-75% of max volume or so.
One thing that I really like about both the Radio and the Boom is that
the sound is fairly directional - I can be listening to my music quite
happily without the neighbors even knowing that there is anything
playing if I take care to point it away from them.

--
dwilliams01