Ikabob;462156 Wrote:
> I cannot decide whether to put the radio in the kitchen or in the
> bath/shower area. I am leaning toward the latter because I like good
> music while I am getting ready for work. But, I am wondering whether the
> humidity of the bath area would have a bad effect on the radio. The area
> is vented with a fan but it does get somewhat humid in there. Would that
> hurt the radio at all? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Well the beauty is its portable if you spring for the battery/remote
accessory kit, so use it in both or everywhere for that matter.

As for the bathroom, the Radio should not be exposed to liquid water
goes without saying. It is also not useable in condensing water vapor
environment either. So the humid issue would fall back to whether the
humidity or steam can condense in or on the unit. Another issue is how
much and how often the Radio would be exposed to steam, heavy humidity,
or moisture that might start affecting the drivers. Other the that, if
those issue don't crop up, I think one would be OK. If one has drip runs
on ones mirror after taking a shower, I say keep it in another room or
watch the Radio very closely for signs of moisture.

I use my Boom in the bathroom and have been doing so for over a year
without issue. We have both an exhaust fan as well as a ceiling fan in
the bath so it doesn't get to steamy in there.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope
2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Second Boom