dsf;469304 Wrote:
> When I go to set an alarm's sound, one of the choices I get is "the
> current playlist".  Does that help?

Sorry no...the point is that according to the manual you can save
different playlists and then apparently set alarms to play these
playlists..

I have got a "now playing list" - but as it says whatever is playing
"overrights" the now playing list - so if I fell asleep listening to say
one station but wanted to wake up to another -  I need to save a
playlist but I can't...

Create a Now Playing List

When you select a song, Internet radio station or app and press Play,
it becomes your current Now Playing list, and the

Now Playing option appears in your home menu.

Note: When you play a song that is part of an album, the entire album
becomes your Now Playing list.

If you already have a Now Playing list, when you select and Play a new
item, your Now Playing list is replaced by the
new item.
To select an item, play it, and replace your existing Now Playing
list:

1. Navigate to and highlight a selection.
2. Press Play.
You can also add songs to Now Playing without deleting your existing
Now Playing list.

To add a selection to the end of your Now Playing list, or to add a
selection to play next in your Now Playing list:

1. Navigate to and highlight a selection.
2. Instead of pressing Play, tap the More (+) button, or press and hold
the push-button knob.
3. A pop-up context menu will give you the option to play the tune
immediately, add it to the end of your Now Playing
list, or play it next. Select Add to end or Play next.

Access your Now Playing List

When you go to Now Playing, you will see the item that is currently
playing or was most recently played, followed by a list
of all items in your Now Playing list.

To get to Now Playing:

 Select Now Playing from the home menu.
or
 If you are not at the home menu, tap the Home button twice to
get to Now Playing.

To see your complete Now Playing list:

1. From the home menu, select Now Playing. You will see currently
playing, or most recently played item.
2. Select that item to move to the next screen and see all items in
your Now Playing list.

Create a Playlist

To create a Playlist to access and retrieve later from your personal
music collection:

1. Navigate to each item you want in your list.
2. Instead of pressing Play, tap the More (+) button, or press and hold
the push-button knob.
3. A pop-up context menu will give you the option to Add the tune to
your Playlist.
4. Repeat the above steps until you have selected all of the items you
want in your Playlist.
5. From the home menu at your Squeezebox, select Now Playing.
Squeezebox Radio Feature Guide 9/18/2009
10
6. You will see the item that is currently playing or was most recently
played. Click the push-button knob again to
see all of the items in your Now Playing list.
7. Select Save Playlist.
Save and Retrieve Playlists
To create multiple retrievable playlists, create a series of Now
Playing lists and save them.

After you create a Now Playing list, you can save it, name it, and
retrieve it later from the My Music > Playlists menu
item.

This feature can be particularly useful for entertaining – Saving your
playlist before a party allows you to restore your
music if one of your guests clears it or adds music you don’t like.

To save your Now Playing list:

1. From the home menu, select Now Playing.
2. Select the most recently played item to see your entire Now Playing
list.
3. At the bottom of the list select the option to Save Playlist.
4. Enter a name for your playlist.

To retrieve a playlist:

 From the home menu, go to My Music > Playlists

Note: Playlists are saved under My Music whether they are made up of
songs from your personal music library, Internet
radio stations, apps or any combination thereof.

Note: At My Music > Playlists, you will also have access to Playlists
from iTunes and other apps.

--
Quoling