aubuti;471196 Wrote:
> I presently have both a beta (PB1) SB Radio and a Boom in my bedroom.
> They both have clock screensavers. I noticed recently that even though
> they are connected to the same SBS, the SB Radio clock is about 15
> seconds behind the clock on the Boom. A quick check of other SBs in the
> house indicates that their time is the same as the Boom's, so that the
> Radio is the odd one out.
>
> 15 seconds difference is not going to make me late for work in the
> morning, but I am curious about how this discrepancy exists. Anyone
> know?

The boom and other ip3k players don't have a clock really... what they
display is whatever the server tells them.  (Not entirely true for a
Boom, it has a clock for alarms if the server fails, but it isn't used
for display at all as long as the server is connected.)

My radio won't be here until tomorrow, but I believe it just
periodically updates from the server.  Not sure if it uses NTP for
syncing or not, but it's not just a blind display like the
Boom/SB3/SB2/SB1/etc line.

--
snarlydwarf