Many thanks for the super fast response.
Glad to hear that I am not crazy! After trawling the for forum for
'Menus' I may have got my wires crossed.
I think it is a natual enhancement and look forward to it.

Anything on setting the dim level? wait for an update? Twice I have had
the radio (with nothing playing) have a blank screen, meaning I have had
to push the power button (which results in cold boot). I'm not sure why,
but the radio is in my newborns bedroom, so it is quite often dark -
maybe it was so dim I thought it was off?

EDIT: cross posts! - thanks for the answers to the dim level question!

--
mmca22gr