Chunkywizard;474245 Wrote:
> I like what you're thinking Pippin! To have different players in sync
> keep their relative volumes even when the ramp is different would be
> fab!

Well, iPeng is doing something like that even now, yet it doesn't
compensate for volume ramps.
This will never really be perfect since most amps and speakers also
won't really have a strict linear or logarithmic volume level response,
yet it would be good to be able to compensate for the bigger
differences.

Right now I just do an average of a linear and a relative change
(linear meaning +1 volume would increase volume on each device on a
"Squeezebox" level 1 tick and relative would mean a 1% change would
change the volume on each device by 1% of it's current level) which
works remarkably well considering the fact that the underlying volume
ramps are probably dramatically different.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com