The LUA SqueezePlay UI work right now is focusing (obviously) on fixing
major bugs... but trust me that performance is always something we're
paying attention to. As Phillip mentioned, a recent update before the
release (r7790) removed some debug code that lead to a huge improvement
in the UI responsiveness and fluidity.

I would recommend two things...
a) its possible that a known memory leak in the Now Playing screen
has lead to your slow UI feel... does it go away when you reboot the
unit? If so, when 7.4.1 is released (very very soon), it should solve
the issue.

b) if the issue is present for you on a fresh-bootup, I'd recommend
taking a small movie of the issues your seeing (most modern digital
cameras can do this for you), and opening a bug @
http://bugs.slimdevices.com with the movie attached. Try to keep the
movie small please.

If the issue is a new one... expect it may take a little while in the
priority list to get to it, but rest assured that as we continue to
develop SqueezePlay-based products the performance, reliability and
"general wow-factor" will only continue to improve.

--
Matt Wise