I picked one up for $149 last night at the "Members Only Event" at my
local Best Buy, which is the obvious marketing ploy you think it is.  No
abnormal sales or promotions that I could discern.  But what really
irked me was that Best Buy has buried the Squeezebox line.  After
searching the audio department, I finally broke down and asked an audio
sales clerk where the Squeezebox stuff was.  "It's in computers" was the
response.  Odd.  Also wrong.  The Slingbox line was in computers.
Squeezebox was actually hidden in the far back corner of audio, with a
shabby falling-apart display (only took my 20 minutes to find.)
Meanwhile the ugly Sony "whole house music system" was promoted front
and center.

Very discouraging to see a superior product line like Squeezebox given
such poor placement.  Makes me wonder if the Logitech - Best Buy
relationship is strained.  Or maybe Sony is putting up big $ to be
prominently featured.  Either way it's sad.

Incidentally, the Radio rocks.  Was surprised by how small it is.

--
ajkidle