After weeks of random alarm durations and a 90% change of no alarm menu
displayed, my radio really failed completely on me this morning.

As I awoke nearly 1h after the programmed alarm, it was in standby and
only showed the clock screen saver. I tried to start the Radio by
pressing a preset button, but nothing happened. Also the alarm button
didn't work. In the main menu, none of the interesting buttons worked.
When I tried to connect to Last.fm it said I needed to switch to
squeezebox server.

So I turned the Radio off and on again. While it was booting, I got up,
turned on the PC and checked if MYSB was working, which it did. As the
Radio was up again, it only had three options left in the main menu, all
the buttons that didn't work before where now completely gone. Funny
enough, MYSB said it was connected and I could even play Last.fm via the
web based remote control. Then again the Radio (which was in standby
again at the time I tried that) didn't even wake up from standby
although it played Last.fm.

After I checked that my SB Classic can connect to MYSB without any
problems, I decided to reset the Radio to factory setting. But guess
what? Now I can't get over the setup since MYSB refuses a connection to
my Radio (or vice versa) although it even displays the IP of MYSB in the
diagnostic screen.

Now really, this sucks big time. Taking into account the reports of
other German customers, obviously the German data center of MYSB
(Frankfurt) crashed this night and now doesn't support the Radio anymore
at all.

How great is that? Instead of a completely unreliable internet bedside
radio, now I have a pretty expensive brick sitting on my bedside locker.

--
0xdeadbeef