Having followed a lot of the dialog about the "issues" with the radio it
seems to me that a lot depends on understanding the whole concept of
"squeezeboxes". Those of us who have grown to love the several previous
devices - including the  duet - understand the concept and the things
that need to be in place to make it work smoothly, including a properly
configured local network. (I've been using the products for just over a
year and they have had the biggest impact on my entertainment choices of
any product since my first cd player 20 years ago).

The radio seems to have attracted a whole new group of users many of
whom seem to (reasonably?)expect a plug in and play experience with
minimal need to tinker. I have had a totally hassle free experience -
but am well able to deal with network settings and conceptualizing when
to use my local server and what works from the internet and how to get
this to work seamlessly. There seems to be some effort needeed to
simplify and make this product widely accessible- perhaps the beta
testing in the hands of experienced squeezebox users needs to be
expanded to novitiates as well.

All I can say to those of you experiencing some issues is: persist and
invest some time in understanding the product and, indeed, the whole
squeezebox range. Those of us that have, reap the benefits of
unsurpassed configurability and a wealth of features that allow us to
explore music at quality levels that are unprecedented at the price
point.

It may be that this is too sophisticated a product for those that are
not willing to invest their time to understand; my girlfriend is just
such a person, but for those that are - the radio is just another
example of a fantastic little device that opens up a whole new world of
music, information and enjoyment at the cutting edge of innovation in
this area. My radio is used every day in conjunction with the other
devices to entertain me from awakening to falling asleep - I could not
imagine being without them.

--
linvale

Squeezcenter running on ACER R1600 Windows XP
Fileserver ReadyNAS Duo
Main Listening Transporter / Controller
Kitchen : SB3
Bedroom : Boom