I think I may have found what was triggering the problem with my Radio.
I used pingplotter to ping the radio and my boom all night long every 15
sec.  At 4:02AM I saw that the boom was unreachable for 1 minute, but
then came back up. The Radio went down at the same time, but never came
back up.  I have turned off the 4AM rescan of music.  So I started
looking in my router and saw that I had long ago set it to do a reboot
every night at 4AM.  So I am confident that this will keep the Radio
from losing its connection every night.  However the real problem is
that the Radio seems incapable of hooking back up to the network if it
ever loses the connection...even for a minute.  The only way to
reconnect is to cycle the Radio power or search for a new connection and
select the SSID of the network again.  This is an obvious bug.

--
lemmy999