DaveWr;510611 Wrote:
> Well I suppose it is an Internet Radio.......
well, not exactly... it's a wifi radio. The net could me my own
private, feeded with a lot of mp3 on my hard disk, and not connected to
internet.
Otherwise why you do impose me to install your SB server on my pc?

Sound like you buy a car and have to call the seller every morning to
ask permission to use it!

DaveWr;510611 Wrote:
> Now if this is repeated for Touch - madness in extreme.
an absolute nonsense! It has its own server on board, can read directly
a hard disk via usb, and need an internet connection to be set up?!?
Ridiculous!

What if I had my private wireless network at home, without any internet
access, and I wanted to setup my private music net? It simply doesn't
work?
I wanted to buy a Touch because I didn't like the idea of keeping a pc
always on just to run SB Server, but now I'm going to rethink the entire
thing. I'm not sure to invest further in this kind of solution.

--
Rikk